MILITARY SUPPORT RETREAT APPLICATION
***Please only fill out one application. We will attempt to accommodate your first retreat choice – you will be selected for the most appropriate retreat by our staff. Filling out more than one application only makes it more difficult to process your application.***
GratitudeAmerica Military Support Retreats are an integrative intensive retreat program for combat veterans from all eras of service and their primary support persons (this may include a friend, family member, parent, spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, caregiver, etc.).
Service in an active combat area as designated by Executive Order, and/or where you receive special pay for duty subject to hostile fire or imminent danger as certified by the Department of Defense.
GratitudeAmerica Military Support Retreats are held in Florida and Georgia. In an effort to remove unseen burdens we request that applicants live within a reasonable commuting distance of a retreat location as we cannot pay for travel.
GratitudeAmerica is providing this application online for your convenience. If you need assistance in filling out the application, please call or email Ashley Semerenko, or ask your referring provider to assist you.
Veteran Engagement Director, GratitudeAmerica
We are grateful to you for taking the time to fill out the retreat application. We recognize that some of the information may be personal and you may not want to share it. We have designed the application to help us learn a little more about you to ensure a great experience for you during the retreat. There will be plenty of opportunity for feedback during the retreat as well. Our mission is to provide service members and their primary support persons with an opportunity to relax, restore connections with others who have experienced deployments, and to enjoy recreation in a relaxed and beautiful setting.
- Complete the ENTIRE questionnaire as honestly as possible. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete the application.
- You will be contacted to learn whether you will be participating in our retreat. IMPORTANT: Our initial response to your application will be via email. Monitor your spam/junk folder for an email from us as our emails end up there 50% of the time.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee your spot at the retreat, the next step is a phone interview with one of our team members and, generally speaking, you will hear from our team about your application 8-6 weeks before the start of the retreat date.
- Retreat applicants who are not able to be accommodated will automatically be considered for future retreats.
- Please keep in mind that we require participants to arrive on time and stay for the entire retreat to realize the full benefit of the experience.
- Thanks for your efforts and for your support. We appreciate YOU!
All information provided is confidential and will be used only by GratitudeAmerica Military Support Retreat staff for retreat planning and will not be provided to any other organization.